Simply fill the above form
to get started.
Simply fill the
above form to
Our trademark expert will
connect with you & prepare
Our trademark expert
will connect with you
& prepare documents.
We will file the
We will file
Years of startup centric
at your service
Startups served across India
Years of startup centric legal expertise
Team members at your service
Registrations done every month
Mr. Bikash GarabadauFounder, Cosmo Trade
There was a little bit of anxiety and doubt when I contacted them as I was from one side of the country and they were from other side and I was new to online filing and documentation process. But the service I got from them was marvelous. These guys are so professional, that I never felt to be new to them. The execution of papers, documentation and processing was first class. They finished the assignment before committed time and pricing is absolutely affordable and value for money.
In simple language Assignment means Transfer. Trademark Assignment means selling of trademark.
As we know that trademark is an intellectual property of the owner, as other property can be sold for a price, the same way a trademark can be sold for a price.
The selling of trademark does not mean selling of the company. A company may have many brands under its ownership.
For example: Unilever owns more than 400 brands, hence it may choose to sell few brands out of its portfolio.
1) Assignment Deed: As any property, may be a car or house is sold by an agreement between the buyer and the seller, the same way trademark is transferred by an Assignment deed between the buyer and the seller.
2) Registration of Assignment Deed with Trademark registry so as to record the buyer name as owner of the trademark in the Trademark Department's records.
1) Selling Price or Consideration for transfer of trademark is very important clause based on which stamp duty of the Assignment deed is calculated
2) Geographical area within which assignee or purchaser can use the brand
3) Information if the transfer is with Goodwill or without Goodwill
Licensing and Assignment of trademark may seem similar but there is lot of difference. Licensing of trademark is a permission given to use the brand name. Assignment is transfer or selling of the trademark to others. Licensing is for limited period of time.